StatCounter

Sunday, March 16, 2008

In Hawaii (Sunday)



"Good morning. Last night we had an open sparring tournament which was amazing! Everyone learned something new and many bumps and bruises. All in all. . .great time" Viet Le

"Having lots of fun, love the mountains. Yesterday's free fight was great, things going great and I'm feeling good." Marcus Maximus

"Blog number two from Austin...Yesterday was so fun but was by far the longest day of my life. For breakfast we got a random mix of pears, rice, eggs and hawaii's version of sausage. Which all of the foods should be pretty fun when we have conditioning in a half hour. ha. It's been so much fun so far and I will check back in later. Bye" Austin James


"Good morning! We had the STRANGEST breakfast: pears, eggs, white rice, and sausage. Very odd. Last night a wild sow and her 3 piglets apparently cruised thru camp. This morning it sounded like awakening in an aviary, the birds were so loud, but beautiful. There's a bird called a quarter to six bird that sounds just like an alarm clock. Everyone was gettin mad but it was a bird! Ha ha!" Ruth

"Well, right now we are eating breakfast, but last night we did open sparring. I fought up into group three. I fought one girl who every time she fell down, I would kick her in the head. I felt really bad, but I also did better. I think I gained a lot from last night." Abbey

"This morning's agenda, we'll do strength training, then we'll have seminar 3. Then match fighting again today. Viet has a hand injury, Megan's got a bum thumb, and others of us have various bumps and "kickies" Lol!" Ruth


Ryan talking to the coach.


"It's another breezy, but beautiful afternoon in Oahu. Susi and Abz are finishing their seminar, I'm at the beach doing my homework for Simona's women's seminar this afternoon. We have a soccer match set up between Team Montana and the staff at 5:30, team picture at 6 tonight and We'll do our group photo on the beach. There will be a bonfire beach party. :) It's amazing to know that we're like 5000 miles away from Montana right now, and I talked to my best friend and my Mom. :) we can't believe It's almost over, everyone said they fought better today than yesterday. A few bangups on the team, but no serious accidents. :) I am grateful for this chance, for Mr. R's tireless coaching and support, and to my team all here with me. I only wish that EVERYONE could've been here. A special thanks to the parents, family and donors who made this possible, and to Kim for putting our blog up- my friends have been checking it, and Mom leaves it open all day. :)" Ruth








"Seminar for women with Simona. What a great talk, She's all about the future of female athletes. Nutrition, positive self-talk, hydration, goal setting. And she signed my card of hers!" Ruth












"Playing soccer with the YMCA staff before dinner. Took beach pix of the whole crew--Susi and I bought Oahu TKD tshirts. :) Almost time for dinner:)" Ruth

"Abbey and I got to spar Simona!" Susi

"Ok, I rolled my ankle playing soccer, but the scope was close, dispute over score, some say 3 to 4. Some say the goal was good. Ha ha! All went to dinner, BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, baked beans, rolls and coconut squares. then cleanup and to the beach bonfire for S'mores. Yay! I'm wearing my new dress. :)" Ruth

To view a slideshow of pictures sent so far CLICK HERE.


To choose a picture to view CLICK HERE.